The senior members of the AFM consulting team comprise ....
Robin Lambert , C.E.O. - In Asia since 1982, Robin has over 25 years' investment and maritime industry experience, primarily in securities and ship broking, and 20 years in executive search. Having trained at sea, he initially worked in London and Hong Kong as broker to major shipping fleets and charterers, including the in-house shipping activities of Jardine Matheson and later moved into the financial industry at the leading independent Asian brokerage firm Crosby Securities and was soon responsible for its business in Japan. He opened and built the firm's office in Tokyo from 1992 dealing with all major Japanese institutional clients and moved to be Sales Director of both ING Baring Securities in Singapore and Barclays Capital in London.
Robin established AFM in Hong Kong and Tokyo in 1998 and later added an outsourcing business which introduced international firms to the Asia/Japan investor base. He is based in Hong Kong but is often in Singapore and Tokyo.
Tony Fordyce, Partner - has over 30 years' legal and maritime industry experience in London, Tokyo, Athens and Shanghai, mainly handling ship sale and purchase, long-term chartering and projects, but also dealing with ship-management, insurance, registration, manning and related aspects of ship-owning. Tony qualified and practiced as a barrister, before moving into shipbroking with RB Hunt & Partners with which he moved to Tokyo working with a subsidiary of publicly-listed Sankyu Inc. He then worked independently in ship sale & purchase and chartering, also giving legal assistance to Japanese ship-owners and is an appointee to the Panel of the Tokyo Maritime Arbitration Commission (TOMAC).
Tony also worked in Shanghai for the ship-owning arm of a major private Chinese shipbuilder and in Athens with a Greek ship-owner. Tony is based in Tokyo, but is often in Shanghai.
Evan King, Director, Hong Kong - has over 30 years' experience in capital markets covering trading and sales in London, Tokyo, Manila and Hong Kong. Having a career at major firms such as Morgan Guaranty, Dresdner Bank, Cresvale and ING, Evan was a founder of a boutique investment banking firm in Hong Kong which concentrated its services on small to medium sized entities to provide fundraising and M&A. Before joining AFM Evan was an executive director of a family office which had investments in TMT, financial services and payments & trading services platforms. Evan brings to AFM a deep knowledge of financial services which compliments AFM's shipping and financial services practice and has worked on searches for major shipbroking, ship-operating and ship finance firms.
Noriko Morishima-Iba, Search Manager, Tokyo - Born in Oslo, brought up in London and New York with an expat trading house family. After finishing at Sophia University, Noriko joined an IT service company, Sema Group (former Schlumberger-Sema ) in Tokyo, then joined ABS (American Bureau of Shipping) in Singapore, acquiring knowledge and experience of the shipping business. She later returned to Tokyo to join Ship-owner Kumiai Senpaku and later became Executive Assistant to its President. She accumulated expertise and a broad network in the global shipping circle, travelling extensively through shipping centres and beyond. Noriko also lived in Manila and, with her husband who is also in the shipping business, was an active member of the shipping community regionally.
Satoshi Takenaka, Advisor, Tokyo/Representative, London - has over 20 years' experience in FX Derivatives trading and the Cash/Derivatives Exchange business. Tak started his career with the Dai-Ichi Kangyo Bank before joining Chemical Bank, New York with responsibility for Japanese corporate FX trading. He moved to Barclays Bank, London in 1990 where he was responsible for starting a new Japan desk in the treasury division, followed by a five-year term with LIFFE (London International Financial Futures & Options Exchange) where he headed the Japan desk. From 1998 until 2003 he worked as the Deputy Chief Representative for the Tokyo Stock Exchange, then with Xinhua Finance as Managing Director of Corporate Communications, and in 2006 he joined AFM.
- Bulk Carrier Operations Pacific Head - Singapore
- Supramax Tonnage Chartering Head - Singapore
- Dry Cargo Chartering Broker (Handy/Supramax/Panamax) - Tokyo
- Handysize/Supramax Chartering Manager - Odessa
- Commodity Trader (Ferrous and/or Non-Ferrous Metals) - Major Trading Group - Dubai
- Handysize Chartering Manager - Shanghai
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Shanghai
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Singapore
- Chartering Manager (Handy - Panamax) - Major Shipping Company - Tokyo
- Sale & Purchase (S&P) Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Sale & Purchase (S&P) Shipbrokers - Hong Kong
- Sale & Purchase (S&P) Shipbrokers - Shanghai
- Senior Pacific Panamax Chartering Manager - Singapore
- CPP Tanker Shipbroker - Far East Market Experience - Singapore
- Panamax Chartering Manager - Singapore
- S&P Shipbroker - Shanghai
- Chemical Tanker Shipbroker - Shanghai
- S&P Shipbroker - Singapore
- Clean/Dirty/Chemical Tanker Shipbroker - Singapore
- Tanker Period Chartering Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Senior Japanese Broker - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Senior Capesize Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Dry Cargo/Shipbroking Operations - Tokyo
- S&P and/or Projects Shipbroker - Tokyo
- Chemical Tanker Shipbroker - Singapore
- LNG Shipbroker - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Beijing
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Tanker Period Chartering Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Tokyo
- General Affairs/Accounting - International Broking Group - Tokyo
- Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Small Clean Tanker Broker/ Major Shipbroking Group - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Tokyo
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Chartering Manager - Dry Cargo Operator - Singapore
- Newbuilding/ S and P/ Project Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Senior Panamax Chartering Broker - Shanghai