Ref : AFMJD35190 Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
A leading European shipbroking firm has asked AFM to find a Shipping Professional to head its Tokyo office. Our client is strong in dry cargo markets and also profitable in Tankers, Sale & Purchase and in Ship Finance.
The company wishes to expand its existing business with Japanese Charterers and Ship-owners in Japan, Singapore and globally. The firm has strong relationships, developed over the last 20 years, with Japanese trading houses and Owners working on behalf of close European Charterers, to conclude both Sale and Purchase, Projects and long-term chartering deals.
- While the primary focus will be to develop SnP/Projects and long term charter deals, working alone in Japan but in close co-ordination with colleagues overseas, the Representative will also be expected to support the firm's spot broking business across all sectors.
- This is NOT a role purely to maintain existing business. Candidates will need to be energetic and keen to develop new business and have the experience, gravitas and presence to maintain relationships at all levels in the Japanese shipping community.
- Suitable candidates will likely have 15 or more years of global shipping/shipbroking experience connected to Japan and have deep, long-held relationships with major Japanese Trading companies, Ship-owners, Charterers and Financiers.
- Fluent English and Japanese language ability is required for this role.
- A professional ability to approach, develop and maintain contacts with Japanese clients as well as the cultural ability and skill to succeed in business with them.
- A hunger to work with multiple offices and teams supported by a firm with long experience of working with Japan.
- Handy, Supramax and Panamax Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Tokyo
- Aframax, Suezmax, VLCC Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - International broking group - Seoul
- Panamax and Cape Shipbrokers - International Shipbroking Group - Genoa
- Dry Cargo Shipbroking Operations/Post-Fixture Manager - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - China
- Tanker Period/Project Chartering Shipbrokers - Chinese Clients - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Junior Dry Cargo Chartering Broker (any size) - Tokyo
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Major Shipbroking Group - Delhi
- Newbuilding/ S and P/ Project Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Stamford, CT, USA
- Senior Panamax Chartering Broker - Shanghai
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - China
- Small Clean Tanker Broker/ Major Shipbroking Group - Singapore
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Shanghai
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Copenhagen
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Sale & Purchase Brokers - Hong Kong
- India/South Asia Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Asia Regional Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Bangkok
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Stamford USA
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Tokyo
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Paris
- Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Dubai
- FFA/Freight Derivatives Trader - Singapore
- Handysize Bulk Carrier Chartering Manager - Singapore
- General Affairs/Accounting - International Broking Group - Tokyo
- Chartering Manager - Dry Cargo Operator - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Senior Chartering Manager - Panamax - Shanghai
- Chartering/Parcelling Manager - Major Owner/Operator - Hong Kong