Ref : AFMJD35190 Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
A leading European shipbroking firm has asked AFM to find a Shipping Professional to head its Tokyo office. Our client is strong in dry cargo markets and also profitable in Tankers, Sale & Purchase and in Ship Finance.
The company wishes to expand its existing business with Japanese Charterers and Ship-owners in Japan, Singapore and globally. The firm has strong relationships, developed over the last 20 years, with Japanese trading houses and Owners working on behalf of close European Charterers, to conclude both Sale and Purchase, Projects and long-term chartering deals.
- While the primary focus will be to develop SnP/Projects and long term charter deals, working alone in Japan but in close co-ordination with colleagues overseas, the Representative will also be expected to support the firm's spot broking business across all sectors.
- This is NOT a role purely to maintain existing business. Candidates will need to be energetic and keen to develop new business and have the experience, gravitas and presence to maintain relationships at all levels in the Japanese shipping community.
- Suitable candidates will likely have 15 or more years of global shipping/shipbroking experience connected to Japan and have deep, long-held relationships with major Japanese Trading companies, Ship-owners, Charterers and Financiers.
- Fluent English and Japanese language ability is required for this role.
- A professional ability to approach, develop and maintain contacts with Japanese clients as well as the cultural ability and skill to succeed in business with them.
- A hunger to work with multiple offices and teams supported by a firm with long experience of working with Japan.
- Handy, Supramax and Panamax Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Tokyo
- Aframax, Suezmax, VLCC Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - International broking group - Seoul
- Panamax and Cape Shipbrokers - International Shipbroking Group - Genoa
- Dry Cargo Shipbroking Operations/Post-Fixture Manager - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - China
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Junior Dry Cargo Chartering Broker (any size) - Tokyo
- Tanker Period/Project Chartering Shipbrokers - Chinese Clients - Singapore
- Asia Regional Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Bangkok
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Shanghai
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Stamford USA
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Major Shipbroking Group - Delhi
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Stamford, CT, USA
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - China
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Copenhagen
- India/South Asia Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Newbuilding/ S and P/ Project Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Sale & Purchase Brokers - Hong Kong
- Senior Panamax Chartering Broker - Shanghai
- Small Clean Tanker Broker/ Major Shipbroking Group - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Tokyo
- Chartering Manager - Dry Cargo Operator - Singapore
- Chartering/Parcelling Manager - Major Owner/Operator - Hong Kong
- FFA/Freight Derivatives Trader - Singapore
- General Affairs/Accounting - International Broking Group - Tokyo
- Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - Singapore
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize Bulk Carrier Chartering Manager - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Paris
- Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Senior Chartering Manager - Panamax - Shanghai
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Dubai
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Singapore