Ref : AFMJD210267 Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
On behalf of a large international broking group, with activities in many areas of the shipping market, and many offices worldwide, we are looking for a new Japan Representative, to be based in Tokyo.
Candidates should be widely experienced in the shipping industry, with good knowledge of all aspects of the market, especially dry cargo broking, Sale & Purchase, Newbuilding and Ship Finance. Japanese language ability is essential, and the successful candidate will probably be from a Japanese trading company background.
- Liaising with existing Japanese clients and assisting the activities of staff in other offices in their business in the Japanese market.
- Expanding the current client base, by developing new contacts with principals on both the owning and chartering sides, also trading houses, shipyards, financers and other principals in the industry.
- Concluding business in the chartering and sale markets, and preparing necessary fixture/sales documentation, where required.
- Assisting, where required, in other areas of the client's business, including, for example, Ship Management.
- Degree or other shipping qualification.
- At least 15 years' experience in the shipping market, especially in the dry bulk sector.
- Knowledge of shipping fundamentals, chartering, ship sales (new and second-hand) and ship finance.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent level of English.
- A self-starter, able to develop and maintain new business.
- Excellent connections in the Japanese shipping market.
- Ability to supervise and lead other team members.
- Handy, Supramax and Panamax Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Tokyo
- Aframax, Suezmax, VLCC Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - International broking group - Seoul
- Panamax and Cape Shipbrokers - International Shipbroking Group - Genoa
- Dry Cargo Shipbroking Operations/Post-Fixture Manager - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - China
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Junior Dry Cargo Chartering Broker (any size) - Tokyo
- Tanker Period/Project Chartering Shipbrokers - Chinese Clients - Singapore
- Asia Regional Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Bangkok
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Shanghai
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Stamford USA
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Major Shipbroking Group - Delhi
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Stamford, CT, USA
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - China
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Copenhagen
- India/South Asia Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Newbuilding/ S and P/ Project Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Sale & Purchase Brokers - Hong Kong
- Senior Panamax Chartering Broker - Shanghai
- Small Clean Tanker Broker/ Major Shipbroking Group - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Tokyo
- Chartering Manager - Dry Cargo Operator - Singapore
- Chartering/Parcelling Manager - Major Owner/Operator - Hong Kong
- FFA/Freight Derivatives Trader - Singapore
- General Affairs/Accounting - International Broking Group - Tokyo
- Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - Singapore
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize Bulk Carrier Chartering Manager - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Paris
- Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Senior Chartering Manager - Panamax - Shanghai
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Dubai
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Singapore