Ref : AFMJD210267 Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
On behalf of a large international broking group, with activities in many areas of the shipping market, and many offices worldwide, we are looking for a new Japan Representative, to be based in Tokyo.
Candidates should be widely experienced in the shipping industry, with good knowledge of all aspects of the market, especially dry cargo broking, Sale & Purchase, Newbuilding and Ship Finance. Japanese language ability is essential, and the successful candidate will probably be from a Japanese trading company background.
- Liaising with existing Japanese clients and assisting the activities of staff in other offices in their business in the Japanese market.
- Expanding the current client base, by developing new contacts with principals on both the owning and chartering sides, also trading houses, shipyards, financers and other principals in the industry.
- Concluding business in the chartering and sale markets, and preparing necessary fixture/sales documentation, where required.
- Assisting, where required, in other areas of the client's business, including, for example, Ship Management.
- Degree or other shipping qualification.
- At least 15 years' experience in the shipping market, especially in the dry bulk sector.
- Knowledge of shipping fundamentals, chartering, ship sales (new and second-hand) and ship finance.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent level of English.
- A self-starter, able to develop and maintain new business.
- Excellent connections in the Japanese shipping market.
- Ability to supervise and lead other team members.
- Handy, Supramax and Panamax Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Dubai
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Tokyo
- Aframax, Suezmax, VLCC Shipbrokers - Major Broking Group - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - International broking group - Seoul
- Panamax and Cape Shipbrokers - International Shipbroking Group - Genoa
- Dry Cargo Shipbroking Operations/Post-Fixture Manager - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - China
- Tanker Period/Project Chartering Shipbrokers - Chinese Clients - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Handysize to Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Junior Dry Cargo Chartering Broker (any size) - Tokyo
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Major Shipbroking Group - Delhi
- Newbuilding/ S and P/ Project Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Dry Cargo Chartering Brokers - Stamford, CT, USA
- Senior Panamax Chartering Broker - Shanghai
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - China
- Small Clean Tanker Broker/ Major Shipbroking Group - Singapore
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Shanghai
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Copenhagen
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Singapore
- Sale & Purchase Brokers - Hong Kong
- India/South Asia Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Asia Regional Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Bangkok
- Chartering Manager -Ship Operator/Pool Manager - Stamford USA
- Handy to Capesize Brokers - International Broking Co. - Singapore
- Capesize Shipbrokers - Japanese Clients - Tokyo
- Handysize/ Supramax/ Panamax Shipbrokers - Paris
- Global Shipbroking Office Head/Representative - Tokyo
- Supramax Chartering Managers - Dubai
- FFA/Freight Derivatives Trader - Singapore
- Handysize Bulk Carrier Chartering Manager - Singapore
- General Affairs/Accounting - International Broking Group - Tokyo
- Chartering Manager - Dry Cargo Operator - Singapore
- Handysize/ Supramax Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Japan Representative - Major Shipbroking Group - Tokyo
- Handy, Supra & Panamax Dry Cargo Shipbrokers - Singapore
- Senior Chartering Manager - Panamax - Shanghai
- Chartering/Parcelling Manager - Major Owner/Operator - Hong Kong