Job Title :
Commodity, Financial & Shipping Industry Executive Search Research & Support Team|
Commodity, Financial & Shipping Industry Executive Search Research & Support Team||
Across the Asia/Pacific region
Established in 1998, AFM is an executive search specialist that focuses on Japan and the Asia/Pacific region. The business is driven by a management team of professionals that has over one hundred years experience in the Asia/Pacific commodity, financial & shipping industries. Our team works in Tokyo, Hong Kong and London and we wish to add to our Support Services team.
AFM consultants, using first hand industry experience, focus on finding middle and upper level management personnel for investment banks, fund management companies, commercial banks and other financial institutions, as well as commodity trading and shipping related firms with interests in Japan and the Asia/Pacific region.
AFM has a specialist database detailing thousands of industry professionals and our consultants work as a team and share the same information, which allows them to rapidly execute searches. Our industry expertise then allows us to properly filter candidates to find the right person quickly. We believe this was the main reason that AFM has been voted - by a leading finance magazine - among the top three overall investment industry executive search firms in Japan.
The Support team will have constant contact with their colleagues in Tokyo and overseas and so must be able to work in a fast-moving, cosmopolitan & professional environment. They will support the consultants globally by providing a range of key services.
Applications are invited for full or part-time contract employment and by those able to work from home.
1. To edit and format a constant flow of English-language CV’s. Taking a candidate’s own English-language CV and reworking it to AFM’s high, professional standards.
2. To edit and format a constant flow of English-language Job Specifications received from AFM clients. These need to be reworked, including some English language re-writing, and delivered to AFM consultants and our database, website and job-search engines in the correct format. An ability to do this in Japanese in future would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
3. To work with colleagues to produce Search Progress Reports to clients on a timely basis. This requires use of our database to analyze and report on progress. A variant of these reports would also be produced for AFM management to assess team performance.
4. To co-ordinate news items to format and deliver AFM’s weekly newsletter and to add and maintain the list of its recipients.
5. To support the business head in regular office management issues, such as travel bookings, promotional materials and day-to-day admin. This includes personal matters.
6. The above form the core of the initial requirements in Tokyo, however preferred candidates will also be able to grow with the business and support AFM’s research abilities including:-
A. Internet networking to find both potential new clients and candidates. This using various networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and other industry sources.
B. Researching and mapping-out names and numbers of key staff in regional financial organizations.
C. Using the database to build lists of potential candidates in support of the consultants.
D. Calling potential candidates to investigate initial interest in AFM vacancies.
7. Applicants are invited with the experience required for both Points 1 to 5 above and also for Point 6. People should be energetic, hardworking and keen to learn. Those with market experience & knowledge and/or Japanese or Mandarin language ability will be preferred.
Fluent English plus Japanese and/or Mandarin would be an advantage
Enquire about this vacancy |